The Royal Education Council in collaboration with Ministry of Education and UNESCO will be conducting Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) Olympiad on the 3rd and 4th May 2017 at DYS compound, Thimphu on the theme “Science for peace and development”. The program shall entail the following:
- Cluster based Science and Technology Exhibition – 22nd April 2017. Three best entries from each of the four clusters will be invited to participate at the Olympiad.
- A Symposium – 3rd May 2017. Students and teachers are invited to submit their completed papers or proposals, relevant to the theme, on or before April 15 2017. Six students and two teacher presenters will be selected and invited for presentation.
- Student participants at the Olympiad will be participate in On-site challenge and the Olympiad Champion will be declared after combining the scores of Exhibits (30%) and On-Site challenge (70%).
- STEM Olympiad – Programme Overview [Click HERE to download]
- STEM Olympiad – Guidelines for Symposium [Click HERE to download]
- Cluster Level Science Exhibition Guidelines [Click HERE to download]
For more information, please contact REC, Paro at the following numbers or log on to the website www.rec.gov.bt
Toll Free (office hours only): 185
Ph: +975-8-271226 / 271632 / 271214