REC as the national epicentre for education innovation and transformation shall determine the national school curricula and teacher professional development programmes, and strive to improve the overall mainstream education system.
Therefore, the REC is mandated to:
1. Review, innovate, and develop relevant curriculum and teaching learning materials for school education.
2. Develop and provide teacher professional development programmes for efficient implementation of school curriculum.
3. Conduct research in curriculum and instruction, assessment and evaluation, teacher education and educational policies.
4. Innovate and strengthen educational technology to support design and delivery of curriculum, professional development and educational research.
5. Provide forum to facilitate academic and professional discourses at national and international levels.
6. Provide technical expertise and work in collaboration with relevant national and international stakeholders.