ToR for HRC
Human Resource Committee (HRC) is a body that guides and addresses all Human Resource matters to ensure fair and transparent HR decisions. HRC, in its strive to facilitate the fulfilment of professional mandates of REC, shall ensure all HR actions are in line with government policies and the existing Bhutan Civil Service Rules and Regulations (BCSR).
The HR Committee shall comprise of the following members:
1. Director (Chairperson)
2. Dean, CDC
3. Dean, PDC
4. Division Chiefs
5. One Senior Professional (Specialist)
6. One Junior Professional
7. HRO (Member Secretary)
The functions of HRC shall be to:
- Ensure effective enforcement of the provisions of the Constitution, Civil Service Act of Bhutan 2010 and the BCSR.
- Review and recommend Structure, HRD plans, staffing pattern and strength.
- Review appeals on all HR actions.
- Review and adjudicate disciplinary cases.
- Review and approve promotions within broad-banded positions.
- Review and recommend meritorious, fast-track and Specialist promotions.
- Verify and approve the nominations for seminars, workshops, training in-country or ex-country as per Chapter 9 of BCSR 2012.
- Review and approve intra-Agency transfer that does not involve change of Position Title or Major Occupational Group.
- Review and recommend intra/inter-Agency transfer involving change of Position Title or Major Occupational Group or Sub-Group.
- Recruit, select and appoint qualified and suitable candidates as per the provisions of the BCSR.
- Institute proper induction programmes for candidates newly joining the organization.
- Approve/recommend Extraordinary Leave, Medical Leave beyond one month, Maternity/Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave and Study Leave.
- Arrange mechanism to ensure continuity of service delivery in absence of staff.
- Review and approve/recommend civil servant opting for Early Retirement Scheme.
Responsibility of the Chairperson
The Chairperson shall:
- Ensure regular convening of the HR Committee meetings.
- Provide direction and guidance to the Committee.
- Review and approve provisional agenda submitted by the Member Secretary.
- Conduct effective Committee meetings by encouraging the members to engage in open and constructive debate, and secure active participation and contribution of all members.
- Arbitrate and resolve conflicting opinions to reach consensus.
- Delegate chairmanship to a member at ES Position Level in his/her absence.
Responsibility of the Member Secretary
The Member Secretary shall:
- repare the Agenda.
- Coordinate meetings.
- Keep minutes and records of meetings.
- Finalize and circulate the minutes of the meetings among the members.
- Coordinate and follow-up on all HRC decisions.
In case of an emergency where members are not available in person, the member secretary shall arrange an appropriate means to make a decision in consultation with the chairperson and members.
Responsibility of the Members
The members shall:
- Be mandated to attend all meetings.
- Engage in open and constructive debate.
- Sign on the decision taken in all the meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality on the decisions taken.
The decisions shall be taken through consensus of simple majority. In the event there is no consensus, the Chairperson shall make the final call through the exercise of his vote.
Frequency of meeting
The meeting shall be held as and when required.
The attendance of two-third of the members shall constitute the quorum.
Conflict of interest
The members shall inform and declare conflict of interest prior to any Committee meeting.