Terms of Reference for Quality Control Committee
The Quality Control Committee (QCC) is an internal quality assurance body that ensures educational services and products are standard-based, contextually relevant, academically sound, culturally sensitive and free of errors.
The QCC shall constitute the following:
1. Specialist Chairperson
2. Specialist, CDC Member
3. Specialist, PDC Member
4. Professional, RD Member
5. Professional, IMD Member
6. Professional, CDC Member
7. Professional, PDC Member
Term of the Chairperson and Members
The term of the chairperson and members shall be for two years.
Nomination of Members
The Management Committee shall nominate the chairperson and members of the QCC taking into consideration the following:
i. Should have worked a minimum of 3 years in REC.
ii. Proven professional expertise in relevant areas.
iii. Demonstrated high level of professional and personal integrity.
iv. Good communication skills.
The QCC is responsible for providing the REC with assurance on all aspects of quality of curriculum development, professional development and educational research.
The functions of the QCC shall be:
- Design and follow agreed set of criteria/standard for quality assessment.
- Ensure standard procedures are followed at different stages of planning, designing, production and delivery.
- Recommend new and innovative ideas to further improve the quality of educational services and products.
- Provide advice to the management on quality assurance policy and processes, and status of educational services and products.
- Advise the management on priority areas and potential risks to the organization.
- Undertake any responsibilities as delegated by Management.
- Ensure regular convening of the Committee meetings.
- Provide direction and guidance to the Committee.
- Review and approve provisional agenda submitted by the Member Secretary.
- Conduct effective Committee meetings by encouraging the members to engage in open and constructive debate, and secure active participation and contribution of all members.
- Arbitrate and resolve conflicting opinions to reach consensus.
- Inform the members regarding the date of meeting in advance.
- Prepare the agenda.
- Coordinate meetings.
- Keep minutes and records of meetings.
- Finalize and circulate the minutes of the meetings among the members.
- Coordinate and follow-up on all Committee decisions.
- Be mandated to attend all meetings.
- Engage in open and constructive debate.
- Sign on the decision taken in all the meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality on the decisions taken, where necessary.
- Decision Making
The decisions shall be taken through consensus of simple majority. In the event there is no consensus, the Chairperson shall make the final call through the exercise of his vote.
- Frequency of meeting
The meeting shall be held as and when required.
The attendance of two-third of the members shall constitute the quorum.
- Conflict of interest
The members shall inform and declare conflict of interest prior to any Committee meeting.